Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Fridays

Every Friday I anchor the entertainment segment for the 5:00 newscast at WUFT. I LOVE it. I've only been doing this for about 2 weeks but I have gotten to do some pretty cool things. Deke Sharon. The music director for the "Pitch Perfect" films. The creator of "The Sing-Off." The music director for "The Social Network." The creator of "Pitchslapped." The guy who has won American Music Awards for his music. This was my first experience interviewing a famous person. It was exhilarating. His new a Capella group "Vocalosity" was starting their national tour in Gainesville and I was able to get the inside scoop from him. I learned a lot from this interview. I learned that it is very important to let the star shine. As an entertainment reporter, it is important to make sure that the interviewee remains the interviewee and you showcase them in a very light way. I learned that it is important to have a "moment" with the person you are interviewing. The moment I had? The CREATOR of modern a Capella got me to sing with him. That's a moment if I've ever had one! Here's the finished product for this story. I'll do my best to post every Friday's package. Hope you like it!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment